The Petroleum Environmental Research Forum (PERF)*, is a non-profit organization created to provide a stimulus to and a forum for the collection, exchange, and analysis of research information relating to the development of technology for health, environment & safety, waste reduction and system security in the petroleum industry.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic, the PERF Board of Directors have decided to hold the 101st PERF Fall meeting virtually on October 27-28, 2020. The meeting will consist of half-day sessions timed for the morning in North America and afternoon in Europe and the Middle East. The focus of this meeting will primarily be on water and air issues. Further details including a draft agenda and how to register will be sent out soon in a separate communication.
- The most recent Newsletter is now available in the Newsletters and Bulletins section.
- Impact of Processing Unconventional Crudes on Refinery WWTP Operations
- Firefighting Foam Human Health & Environmental Risks at O&G Operations
- Emerging Sensor Technology for VOCs and Sensors
- New Methods to Assess Whole Effluent Toxicity
- Byproduct Water Management – Zero Liquid Discharge
- Evaluating Inorganic Fouling of Delayed Coker Furnaces in Louisiana Refineries to Reduce Emissions and Improve Reliability