The Petroleum Environmental Research Forum (PERF)*, is a non-profit organization created to provide a stimulus to and a forum for the collection, exchange, and analysis of research information relating to the development of technology for health, environment & safety, waste reduction and system security in the petroleum industry.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic, the PERF Board of Directors have decided to hold the 101st PERF Fall meeting virtually on October 27-28, 2020. The meeting will consist of half-day sessions timed for the morning in North America and afternoon in Europe and the Middle East. The focus of this meeting will primarily be on water and air issues. A draft agenda and registration for the event can be found on the “Events” page.
- The most recent Newsletter is now available in the Newsletters and Bulletins section.
- Impact of Processing Unconventional Crudes on Refinery WWTP Operations
- Firefighting Foam Human Health & Environmental Risks at O&G Operations
- Emerging Sensor Technology for VOCs and Sensors
- New Methods to Assess Whole Effluent Toxicity
- Byproduct Water Management – Zero Liquid Discharge
- Evaluating Inorganic Fouling of Delayed Coker Furnaces in Louisiana Refineries to Reduce Emissions and Improve Reliability